The Health and the Built Environment Committee of the Consortium for a Healthier Miami-Dade was established in order to educate the community, public and, private stakeholders about the health impacts of the built environment, develop strategies and influence solutions.
- To increase awareness of the relationship between the built environment and the community’s health.
- To support policies that promote incidental physical activity and access to healthful foods.
- To foster collaborations between organizations and act as a catalyst for an environment that supports a healthier Miami-Dade County.
***Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, in-person meetings of the committee have been suspended indefinitely. The committee is now conducting virtual calls via Go To Meeting; please email Candice Schottenloher for more information or check the events page.***
In person meetings: Second Tuesday of every other month at CRB1080, Don Soffer Clinical Research building, 1120 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33136 from 10:00AM – 11:00AM.
Chair: Barbara Martinez-Guerrero, Dream In Green
Liaison: Candice Schottenloher, Candice.Schottenloher@flhealth.gov or call (305) 234-5400, Ext. 8855
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MakeHealthyHppn
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MakeHealthyHppn
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/makehealthyhppn/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MAKEHEALTHYHAPPEN