The Health and the Built Environment Committee of the Consortium for a Healthier Miami-Dade was established in order to educate the community, public and, private stakeholders about the health impacts of the built environment, develop strategies and influence solutions.
- To increase awareness of the relationship between the built environment and the community’s health.
- To support policies that promote incidental physical activity and access to healthful foods.
- To foster collaborations between organizations and act as a catalyst for an environment that supports a healthier Miami-Dade County.
The committee meets every second Tuesday of every other month at CRB1080, Don Soffer Clinical Research building, 1120 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33136 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Currently the Committee is meeting virtually via Go To Meeting. If you have any questions or need access to the meeting link, please contact the Committee Liaison for further details.
Chair: Barbara Martinez-Guerrero, Dream In Green
Liaison: Candice Schottenloher, Candice.Schottenloher@flhealth.gov or call (305) 234-5400, Ext. 8855
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MakeHealthyHppn
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MakeHealthyHppn
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/makehealthyhppn/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MAKEHEALTHYHAPPEN