The Tobacco-Free Workgroup, created in 2008, integrates tobacco control and prevention into all of Consortium’s standing committees. It mobilizes and collaborates with partner organizations to decrease tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke in Miami-Dade County. The Tobacco-Free Workgroup is committed to creating policy and system changes to minimize tobacco use and promote healthier learning, working, and living environments.
The Tobacco-Free Workgroup meets bi-monthly on the last Monday of the month (If the last Monday is a holiday, the meeting will be scheduled on the previous week) at the Beacon Center, 8323 NW 12th Street, Suite 212, Miami Fl 33126 from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Create policy and system changes that reduce tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure and foster a healthy environment
- Assist multi-unit housing and worksites to create smoke-free environments
- Reduce initiation rates of tobacco use among youth and young adults by implementing Students Working Against Tobacco (SWAT) clubs and similar organizations
- Provide support and resources for smoking cessation
- Recruit, train, and mobilize community partners to reduce and prevent initiation of tobacco use
Vice Chair: Vacant
Liaison: KuanJan Ding at KuanJan.email@example.com or 305-234-5400 ext 2590